Careers at Mountain State Insurance
• Ethics • Integrity • Passion • Professionalism • Competence •
Vision and Culture
Mountain State Insurance Agency aims to be the preeminent provider of insurance, employee benefits, and financial services products to businesses and individuals throughout the state of West Virginia and the surrounding area. Our goal is to proactively develop a clear understanding of clients and prospective client's needs and to provide practical solutions to satisfy those needs.
Why work for Mountain State Insurance Agency?
If you have a passion for problem-solving, a supportive spirit and you’re a total team player, you just might find the greatest career you never knew you wanted. The insurance industry is a fast-growing field with a long, rich history and a promising future.
A career in insurance is an:
Opportunity for Growth
- Continuing Education
- Networking and professional relationships
Opportunity to Help Others
- Giving back to the community
- Protecting businesses and families
Opportunity for Innovation
- Working closely with teams
- Changing technology
Opportunity to Invest in Yourself
- Career field that is profitable, stable, and secure
- Amazing benefits and salary perks
- Flexible work options
Career Opportunities at Mountain State Insurance Agency
- Working closely with team members to execute all tasks required to place insurance programs on behalf of new and existing clients.
- Developing professional relationships with clients by delivering high value service across all aspects of clients' insurance and risk management programs.
- Understanding the agency's financial goals and helping to grow the agency's revenue and profit by being efficient, cross-selling value-added coverages and services, and by consistently acting in the interests of clients and the agency.
Commercial Account Management
- Account managers work with team members, production staff, and clients to gain hands-on experience and knowledge and deliver client data.
- Gather risk management data, preparing carrier submissions, assisting in negotiating the insurance contracts, and proactively communicating with clients while handling day-to-day service requests to ensure an outstanding client experience.
Personal lines agents at Mountain State Insurance Agency will be responsible for winning new personal lines clients as well as day-to-day servicing for a growing book of clients. Additionally, this position has an opportunity to take on future leadership responsibilities within the Personal Lines department.
This position is perfect for someone who:
- Has personal lines experience but would like to focus more on winning new clients
- Loves working with people in the community in a consultative way to find solutions
- Wants the stability of a base salary and existing clients but the upside of sales bonuses
- Is energized by meeting new people through networking, volunteering, and other community involvement
While managing the existing book of business, Personal Lines agents will be responsible for converting inbound leads from agency marketing, while also generating their own opportunities through calling and networking. They will work closely within the Personal Lines team at Mountain State Insurance Agency to ensure a smooth client onboarding process.
Connect with our recruiting team